Sunday, June 12, 2011

And here I was worried about being fired for MY blog...

The following is not my story.

But it's a good one, complete with a few very important lessons for me.

The lessons learned for me are about the proverbial "power of the pen" (digital pen anyways), the "great power and great responsibility" inherent in becoming a popular blogger (not saying that I am yet), and finally, a good reminder to myself about how as a server, it is absolutely imperitive to remember to always be as nice to everybody as I possibly can.

If you can stand the f-bombs and attitude and want to read the whole story that brings all of this to my mind today, it's at http://thebitchywaiter.blogspot.com/2011/05/tortilla-flats-in-new-york-city-can-go.html

If you can't, or don't want to, here's the short version:

The Bitchy Waiter (blogger I mentioned previously) went out to eat on his birthday. The Bitchy Waiter unfortunately got extremely rude service. (Don't interpret that as "justice" btw; his self-titled appelation applies to his blog, not to his service standards while working.)

The Bitchy Waiter blogged about the expereince, mentioning the restaurant by name.. AND.. encouraged his followers to e-mail the restaurant!

The rude waiter, got fired as a result of the blog.

You might say he got fired as a result of his attitude actually, it's just that the blog brought A LOT of attention to his bad attitude. Scanning the comments on BW's FB page (he says that he now feels bad about the whole thing) the general consensus was that the rude waiter got himself fired, not BW or his blog. Others said that it's obvious the rude waiter hated his job, and should just thank BW for helping him to move on.

Wow. The power of the pen, huh?


Reminder to me: Better be nice to everyone...

You never know who you're waiting on.


BW lives and dines in New York City btw, so I don't think I'll ever have the pleasure.

But hey BW, if ever in Orlando on your birthday, let me know. Service with a smile and a free desert with candle awaits you.

Mercifully tho, I don't sing.

1 comment:

  1. The tongue is a powerful instrument. Able to hurt and to heal.
    or to get someone fired

    ReplyDelete